Mark Thomas - The editor and big chief of The Dubrovnik Times. Born in the UK he has been living and working in Dubrovnik since 1998, yes he is one of the rare “old hands.” A unique insight into both British and Croatian life and culture, Mark is often known as just “Englez” or Englishman. He is a traveller, a current affairs freak and a huge AFC Wimbledon fan.
The popular job-seeking website “MojPosao” carried out a survey with almost 20,000 respondents on the current state of the job market in Croatia. The results show that German retail chains are the most sought after employers, with the DM market coming in as the best employer in the country. In fact, this is the tenth year in a row that DM has been voted as the best employer in Croatia.
Germans dominate the top employers in Croatia, after DM the top four list included four German companies, Lidl and Mueller Zagreb, with the top domestic employer being the electric car manufacturer Rimac.
According to 31 percent of respondents, harmonious relations in the workplace are crucial for making an employer attractive, while 30 percent cited job security as important. An employer's social responsibility is the third most desirable factor, while the chance to rise in company ranks was mentioned as the least important one.
Croatian Prime Minister, Andrej Plenkovic, said on Tuesday that entry into the Eurozone is one of the goals to be achieved because it is in Croatia's interest, that it is good for the economy, financial system and international position, and that Croatia would ultimately be a successful member of the European Union.
Plenkovic argued that Croatia's accession to the European Union is one of the major political, economic, and financial issues for the next five years. He recalled the strategy for introducing the Euro as the official currency is ongoing with the government and the Croatian National Bank (HNB).
Plenkovic said that the members of the euro area are the most important trade partners of Croatia, and that as much as 77 percent of Croatian citizens' savings is in euros and 54 percent of all loans. He also pointed out that 70 percent of the total tourism revenues came in Euros, 60 percent of total overnight stays come from European citizens, as well as 66 percent of foreign tourists spending. Finally, 75 per cent of Croatia's foreign debt is also in Euros. "That means we are de facto there," added Plenkovic.
Lukša Obradović opened his 19th solo exhibition at the ground floor of the Dubrovnik Public Library yesterday.
Art historian Andrea Batinić Ivanković emphasized that it would be a great success for every artist to have as many solo exhibitions as Obradovć. At the same time she noted that this Dubrovnik painter also has his faithful audience.
- Luka Obradović is an artist who has been researching and creating for years without limitation, from figurative to abstract, impressive to expressive and ultimately digital, for which his psychological impulse responds multi-dimensionally. In the works of the "Around the City" exhibition an appearance of expressionism is manifested in the accentuated deformation of the shape and colour openness and the powerful artist's emotional attachment to the motif,” commented Batinić Ivanković.
The author thanked the organizers of the Dubrovnik Library, as well as all those who came to the opening, and said that with this exhibition he rounds up one cycle. He also expressed hope that he will open new exhibitions. The exhibition "Around the City" will remain open until the 4th of June.
The construction industry is already ripe when it comes to franchising opportunities. That’s why many investors and businesses have turned or shifted to the building and construction industry involving franchising as a key player to build a better future and achieve success.
In this post, you’ll learn the different types of construction franchise opportunities and how you can improve your profit cost margin when you’re engaged in this business.
Construction Franchise Opportunities
When it comes to construction franchise opportunities, there are a lot of options to choose from, such as maintenance, repairs, renovations, exterior and interior designing, landscape services, floor refinishing, and concrete leveling services.
One important aspect when choosing a construction franchise is knowing what you’re good at. While you’ll be hiring people to help you and you’ll get training and support from your franchisor, it’s still best to choose the one you’re interested in, and one you’re somehow knowledgeable about. Learn more about the right strategies you can implement for your construction franchise business by visiting https://www.franchiseknowhow.com/.
Here are a couple of construction franchise opportunities that you might want to look into if you’re going to start a construction franchise business.
● Handyman Services: These services include bathroom repairs, insulation installation, home maintenance, deck repairs, drywall installation and maintenance, and other home improvement services.
● Concrete Leveling Services: These services include concrete raising, stabilizing, repairs, and cement grout injection.
● Building or Remodeling Services: Franchises in this field focus on the planning and construction process of a residential or commercial building. Their services also include securing permits, site inspections, financing projects, and finding subcontractors.
● Residential or Commercial Landscape Services: These services include installing a concrete landscape, walkways, and commercial curbs.
● Wood Cabinet and Floor Refinishing Services: These services include wood refinishing services for your hardwood floors and kitchen cabinets.
● Interior and Exterior Designing Services: These services include providing interior and exterior decorations for residential or commercial buildings.
How To Work Out The Profit Cost Margin
Some people who have invested in the construction industry failed to thrive because of failure to work out the profit cost margin. What is profit cost margin? How does it affect a construction franchise?
Profit cost margin is also called net profit ratio or net margin. It measures the net profitability of a business as expressed by this equation:
Profit Cost Margin = (Total Sales - Total Expenses) / Total Sales
The two different types of profit cost margin include the gross profit margin and the net profit margin. The gross profit margin measures the profit margin of a particular product or service only, calculated by deducting the costs of labor and materials to manufacture the product from the retail price. On the other hand, the net profit margin involves the net profit of a business as a whole (in a specific period), determined by computing the total income less the total expenses, and dividing it by the business total revenue.
While the profit cost margin can help you determine if the construction franchise is profitable or not, many factors can affect the success or failure of a business like a sudden change in economic conditions. However, profit cost margin can help you identify if there’s something wrong with managing your business, enabling you to make smart decisions.
Here are some ways to improve your profit margin when you’re in the construction franchise industry:
● Track all your expenses, including upfront and long-term costs, such as permits, licenses, liability insurance, workers’ compensation, the salary of your construction workers, payroll of other staff members, training and development, sales and marketing efforts, and day-to-day operating expenses, including telecommunications and utility bills.
● Don’t hesitate to use digital technology to help you track your expenses and help you with budgeting such as FreshBooks, QuickBooks Enterprise, Sage 50Cloud, Xero, or Tradogram. You can learn how to use accounting or budgeting software by watching online tutorials, like those available on YouTube.
● Promote your construction franchise using proven and less expensive methods such as email marketing. Most service-based businesses are successful using email marketing because this digital marketing strategy is targeted and personalized.
● Engage with your customers, clients, and investors through continuous follow-up, updates, and creating your online portfolio. Your construction franchise business can benefit from referrals by providing excellent services, thus cutting down on your marketing expenses.
While you might have an idea of the best construction business for you, remember that not all construction franchise opportunities have the same expected profit cost margin. It can be quite tricky, most especially if you’re just starting. Knowing how to work out your profit cost margin will help you determine the best course of action or options to take when problems arise.
The torrential rainfall that has fallen over the past few days all over Croatia has caused some dramatic scenes in one of the most visited national parks in the country, the Plitvice Lakes. In fact, the heavy rains caused the Upper and Lower lakes to be closed on Monday.
And the Great Plitvice waterfall has, thanks to the sheer amount of water, been hammering down in its full force these past few days causing visitors to marvel at the power of nature. According to the national park this amount of water flowing over the Great Waterfall is not a common sight and more proof of the pure strength of nature.
Check out this video of the waterfall in full flow on Monday.
The Croatian electric car company, Rimac, has signed a deal with Hyundai and Kia which will see around 80 million Euros jointly invested into the company. Rimac is certainly one of the bright stars of Croatian business and this latest investment will take the company to another level.
The cooperation agreement was signed at the headquarters of Rimac Automobili in Sveta Nedelja, just west of Zagreb, on Monday by the founder of Rimac Automobili, Mate Rimac, and the executive vice-chairman of Hyundai Motor Group, Euisun Chung, commented HINA. And it is believed the deal will see Hyundai invest 64 million and Kia 16 million.
"With the new collaboration underway, Hyundai Motor Group aims to speed up its transition towards Clean Mobility and position itself as a global leader in driving this change in the industry," the statement from Rimac added.
Rimac will work on developing an electric version of the Hyundai N sports car, as well as a high-performance electric fuel cell.
"Its start-up roots and abundant experience collaborating with automakers combined with technological prowess makes Rimac the ideal partner for us. We look forward to collaborating with Rimac on our road to Clean Mobility," commented Chung.
Clearly not everyone is in a relaxed and laid back mood when on holiday in Croatia, some tourists have a need for speed. A Ferrari was clocked doing an incredible 238.5 km/h on the A1 highway.
The speeding driver was caught on the 12th of May at 3:40pm. The Norwegian driver was clearly in a hurry to start his holiday; he has a souvenir of Croatia but probably not the one he wanted. He was fined for the driving offence and given a one-month ban from driving in the Republic of Croatia.
In the section of the A1 motorway where he was caught speeding the speed limit is 120 kilometres per hour, in other words he was almost doing twice the speed limit, and rather unsurprisingly he recorded the highest speed offence in the Dubrovnik area this week.
The Mayor of Dubrovnik, Mato Frankovic, received an official visit from the Ambassador of Romania to the Republic of Croatia, Constantine-Mihail Grigorie, yesterday.
Ambassador Grigorie explained that Romania has very good relations with Croatia and that this year is the most intense and productive year in diplomatic relations between the two countries. He also expressed hope for the appointment of an honorary Romanian consul in Dubrovnik, and Mayor Frankovic said that this would be a great honour for the city as more and more Romanian citizens are visiting Dubrovnik.
Mayor Franković also stressed that Dubrovnik is interested in partnership and creating new connections, which is also proven by the excellent relations that Dubrovnik maintains and develops with all city friends.