Tuesday, 18 February 2020

Dubrovnik the most visited seaport by cruisers in Croatia in 2019

By  Feb 10, 2020

In the period from January to December 2019, there were 75 foreign vessels on cruise that arrived in Croatian seaports, which realised 726 journeys - Croatian Bureau of Statistics brings. There were 1.1 million passengers on board who stayed for 1 466 days in Croatia.

The highest number of cruises was realised by vessels under the flags of Malta (208 cruises) and Bahamas (132 cruises), while the highest number of passengers on board the arrived vessels were under the flags of Panama (287 thousand passengers) and Malta (258 thousand passengers).

image002

Photo by the Croatian Bureau of Statistics 

Out of the total of 726 journeys of foreign vessels on cruise, the majority was realised in the County of Dubrovnik-Neretva (59.6 percent) and the County of Split-Dalmatia (25.1 percent), which makes up the total of 84.7 percent. The remaining 15.3 percent of journeys were realised in the following counties: Zadar (6.5 percent), Istria (4.3 percent), Primorje-Gorski kotar (3.0 percent) and Sibenik-Knin (1.5 percent).

The most visits of foreign vessels on cruise were realised in the seaport of Dubrovnik (530 visits), followed by the seaports of Split (273 visits) and Zadar (124 visits).

In the period from January to December 2019, the number of journeys of foreign vessels on cruise increased by 4.8 percent and the total number of sojourns by 3.2 percent, as compared to the same period of 2018. In this period of 2019, the number of passengers on board increased by 8.4 percent, as compared to 2018.

image003

Photo by the Croatian Bureau of Statistics 

 

The Voice of Dubrovnik

THE VOICE OF DUBROVNIK


Find us on Facebook