Thursday, 02 April 2020

Dubrovnik the most visited seaport in Croatia with 518 cruise ship visits

By  Jan 13, 2020

In the period from January to November 2019, 75 foreign cruise ships arrived in Croatian seaports, which made 710 journeys. There were 1.1 million passengers on board who stayed for 1 413 days in Croatia – Croatian Bureau of Statistics reports. 

The highest number of cruises was realised by vessels under the flags of Malta (199 cruises) and Bahamas (127 cruises), while the highest number of passengers on board the arrived vessels were under the flags of Panama (287 thousand passengers) and Malta (258 thousand passengers).

Out of the total of 710 journeys, the majority was realised in the County of Dubrovnik-Neretva (59.4 percent) and the County of Split-Dalmatia (25.6 percent), which makes up the total of 85 percent. The remaining 15 percent of journeys were realised in the following counties: Zadar (6.5 percent), Istria (3.8 percent), Primorje-Gorski kotar (3.1 percent) and Sibenik-Knin (1.6 percent).

The most visited seaports were Dubrovnik, Split and Zadar.

The most visits of foreign cruise ships were realised in the seaport of Dubrovnik (518 visits), followed by the seaports of Split (267 visits) and Zadar (117 visits).

In the period from January to November 2019, the number of journeys of foreign vessels on cruise increased by 4.9% and the total number of sojourns by 5.1 percent, as compared to the same period of 2018. In this period of 2019, the number of passengers on board increased by 8.6 percent, as compared to 2018.

The Voice of Dubrovnik

THE VOICE OF DUBROVNIK


Find us on Facebook