According to the State Hydrometeorological Institute for the Dubrovnik-Neretva County, until 10th of January, a high risk of a cold wave is projected.
Here are couple of recommendations on protecting the health during these low temperatures:
- Avoid going out early in the morning or late in the night;
- Wear layers and don’t go out without a hat, scarf and gloves;
- Do not stay out for the long time;
- Drink enough amount of hot drinks (tea, soup, up to two cups of coffee a day, limit the intake of alcohol);
- Monitor the temperature in the room where you are staying (thermometer / thermostat - preferably 18 to 24° C).