August is getting hotter and hotter in Dubrovnik. According to the State Hydrometeorological Institute, there is a great danger of the heat wave on August 8th and 9th, while even higher risk of heat wave is projected for August 10th and 11th in Dubrovnik-Neretva County.
Here are some tips to fight the heat wave:
- Drink regular or mineral water and low calorie beverages without caffeine, alcohol and sugar
- Avoid staying in the sun for a period of 10am to 5 pm (especially children, pregnant women, elderly people, heart patients and those with chronic illnesses)
- Shower or bathe in warm water
- Wear light clothing of natural materials
- If you have to leave the house, wear a hat, sunglasses, use sunscreen and always take a bottle of water with you
- Eat more often small and if possible liquid meals