In the past 24 hours Croatia has seen the worst day, in terms of new cases of Covid-19, since the pandemic started with 140 new cases recorded. In total 1,088 people in Croatia are now infected with Covid-19, among them 124 patients are in hospital and 3 are on a ventilator.
The largest number of active cases in Croatia is in Zagreb which has 359 cases, followed by the Osječko-baranjska County with 161 cases.
Croatia is seemingly in a second wave of Covid-19, at least as far as new cases are concerned. In the past seven days 578 new cases of Covid-19 have been detected. Yesterday, the 10th of July, was a new record in terms of new cases with 116 confirmed, however unfortunately today has beaten that number with 140 new cases.
Since February 25, 2020, when the first case of infection was recorded in Croatia, a total of 3,672 people have been infected with the new coronavirus, of whom 118 have unfortunately passed away and 2,466 have made a full recovery.
There are currently 4,756 people in self-isolation across Croatia.
To date, a total of 92,808 people have been tested, of which 1,322 were tested in the last 24 hours.
Given the epidemiological situation, the Civil Protection Headquarters of the Republic of Croatia has issued a decision on the mandatory use of face masks or medical masks for the duration of the declared epidemic of Covid-19, which will apply from Monday the 13th of July 2020.
Face masks or medical masks are required for:
• employees of health care institutions and persons visiting patients, if visits are allowed
• drivers, other employees in public transport vehicles and public transport passengers
• trade employees and customers during their stay in stores
• employees in hospitality business who are in contact with guests or participate in serving and preparing meals and beverages
• other persons bound to do so by special instructions and recommendations of the Croatian Institute of public Health