Monday, 18 November 2019
Dubrovnik the lead cruise ship destination in Croatia Dubrovnik the lead cruise ship destination in Croatia

65 percent of cruise ships in Croatia dock in Dubrovnik

By  Jul 12, 2016

According to data from the Croatian Bureau of Statistics (DZS), foreign flagged cruise ships realized 184 cruises in Croatia from January to May 2016. A total of 230,902 cruise ship passengers stayed for 446 days in the Republic of Croatia. They sojourned for two days on average.

In the structure of foreign cruise ships the largest percentage of them entered the Croatian territorial waters in the Dubrovnik-Neretva County (64.7%) and the Split-Dalmatia County (21.2%), a total of 85.9 percent. The remaining 14.1 percent of foreign cruise ships registered their first entry into Croatian territorial waters in four other counties: in the Zadar County (6.5%), in the Istria County (3.8%), in the Sibenik-Knin County (3.3%) and in the Primorje-Gorski kotar County (0.5%).

In comparison to the same period last year, the number of cruises has increased by 9.5 percent whilst the number of passengers who entered the Republic of Croatia in this on cruise ships increased by 18.5 percent. The total number of cruise ships sojourns over the same period from last year recorded an increase of 18.9 percent.

costa classica dubrovnik

Almost a million cruise ship passengers expected in Dubrovnik this year 

The Voice of Dubrovnik

THE VOICE OF DUBROVNIK


Find us on Facebook

Newsletter

Subscribe to our Newsletter