Tourism Minister Gari Cappelli on Monday expressed satisfaction with tourism results achieved so far, saying that in the first six months of the year about 6.5 million arrivals and 26 million bed nights had been recorded and that bookings were going according to expectations.
"Apart from a few imbalances in May due to poor weather, everything else is going according to plan and at the moment we have about 26 million overnight stays and about 6.5 million arrivals," he said.
Figures from the Croatian National Tourist Board show that 6.4 million arrivals and 25.4 million overnight stays were generated for in first six months of 2018.
Cappelli explained that the number of German tourists in the first half of the year had not decreased as had been suspected for a while, which he said was important.
The minister was speaking to the press on the margins of a conference on investment potential in land for tourism, which opened in Funtana near Porec in Istria County. A draft bill on unevaluated construction land which is currently being debated in public.