Friday, 16 November 2018

Croatia visited by 834 thousand cruise ship passengers in 2018

By  Nov 07, 2018

The State Bureau of Statistics has published data on cruises in Croatia from January to September 2018. The results show that 64 cruisers arrived to the Croatian ports during that period, with 554 round trips and 834,000 passengers transported who spent 1,123 days in Croatia – N1 reports.

The largest number of trips was made under the flags of Bahamas (144 trips) and Malta (128 trips), while the largest number of passengers arrived at ships from Panama (234,000 passengers) and Bahamas (175,000 passengers).

Of the 554 round trips, most trips were made in Dubrovnik-Neretva County (55.8%) and Split-Dalmatia County (24.7%), which is a total of 80.5%. Other 19.5% of trips were realized in Zadar (6.3%) and Istria County (5.8%), Sibenik-Knin (5.2%) and Primorje-Gorski Kotar (2.2%).

The largest number of foreign cruise ships visited the port of Dubrovnik (417 visits), followed by Split (198 visits) and Zadar (100 visits).

Foreign cruise ships in the period from January to September 2018 saw an increase in the number of journeys by 2.6% over the same period of 2017. During that period, the number of passengers on cruisers increased by 10%, while the total number of days of stays decreased by 4.5% compared to the same period of 2017.

SP_WEATHER_BREEZY

14°C

Dubrovnik

SP_WEATHER_BREEZY
Humidity: 35%
Wind: NE at 49.89 km/h
Saturday
SP_WEATHER_BREEZY
10°C / 16°C
Sunday
Partly cloudy
9°C / 15°C
Monday
Scattered showers
8°C / 13°C
Tuesday
Thunderstorms
12°C / 17°C

The Voice of Dubrovnik

THE VOICE OF DUBROVNIK


Find us on Facebook

Newsletter

Subscribe to our Newsletter