FORBES has recently released a list of the World's Highest Paid Athletes in 2018 including boxer Floyd Mayweather on top, followed by Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo, Connor McGregor, Neymar and LeBron James. That inspired Croatian website Index.hr to publish a list of the Croatian Highest Paid Athletes, which includes eight footballers, one basketball player and one tennis player.
The most paid Croatian athlete earns nine million euros annually. If that’s compared to Mayweather who earns $ 285 million according to Forbes, that's a small amount, but it's still a great earnings per season – Index.hr writes.
This is the list:
10. Sime Vrsaljko (3 million euros)
9. Dejan Lovren (3,6 million euros)
8. Marin Cilic (3, 6 million euros)
7. Ivan Perisic (4 million euros)
6. Mario Mandzukic (4 million euros)
5. Vedran Corluka (4,2 million euros)
4. Mateo Kovacic (4,4 million euros)
3. Ivan Rakitic (5,5 million euros)
2. Luka Modric (8 million euros)
1. Bojan Bogdanovic (9 million euros)