The Croatian Minister of Tourism and Sports, Nikolina Brnjac, said on Thursday that 76 million tourist overnight stays have been realized in Croatia since the beginning of the year, which is about 70 percent of tourist traffic from the same period in 2019, and that there were no cancellations for the rest of September and postseason.
Answering questions from journalists after the government session, Minister Brnjac said that there are currently 410,000 tourists in Croatia, roughly the same as in 2019.
She stated that there are no booking cancellations so far, which she attributes to standardized travel procedures with Covid-19 passports and vaccinations.
She also said that Croatia can be satisfied with the season, because the goal was to achieve about 60 percent of the total tourist traffic from 2019, and with today we have reached about 70 percent.
"The situation is even better when you look at the data on fiscalized accounts, the value of which for now, only in the first half of September, is 33 percent higher than at the same time in 2019," the minister stressed.