Friday, 24 September 2021
Stay safe in Croatia launched Stay safe in Croatia launched HTZ

Safe stay in Croatia project presented – project to inform potential tourist in 2021 launched

Written by  Feb 27, 2021

At this week’s press conference, the Minister of Tourism and Sports, Nikolina Brnjac, and the Director of the Croatian National Tourist Board, Kristjan Staničić, presented the Safe stay in Croatia project, a web platform through which all interested stakeholders can find information on what Safe stay in Croatia represents, download security labels and leave impressions.

Due to the improving epidemiological conditions, Croatia was recognized as a safe destination last year, which will continue to be worked on in 2021. In addition to the already known World Travel and Tourism Council (WTTC) label Safe Travels, a national label called Safe stay in Croatia was created. This is an important project in establishing Croatia as a safe and desirable destination, but also an incentive for all stakeholders in the travel chain - from gas stations to airports and ferries as well as hotels, marinas, private apartments, museums and other attractions to continue adhering to epidemiological measures.

"During the preparations for this tourist year, in which, unfortunately, we are still in the midst of a pandemic, we have put the safety and health of our fellow citizens and guests in first place. It is a project in which the Ministry of Tourism and Sports was supported by leading tourist and professional associations gathered in the Council for the Recovery and Development of Tourism, the realization of the tourist year 2021 and the improvement of the tourist offer. With the prescribed protocols, we have covered more than 200,000 caterers and service providers in tourism," said Brnjac, adding that it is important to ensure that the national label is available to all stakeholders in tourism and the travel chain, which she says, has been achieved.

The Croatian National Tourist Board is in charge of the promotional campaign. "We will carry out campaign activities during March and April in the markets of Germany, Austria, Italy, Poland, Great Britain, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, France and the Netherlands. In addition to the promotional part, which refers to the positioning of Croatia as a well-prepared and safe tourist destination, this campaign has an educational character because we want to introduce our guests to protocol and epidemiological measures implemented at all levels of tourism to provide them a safe and comfortable stay in our country ", said Staničić, adding that advertising activities, including through video, will be carried out on online channels and social networks with #SafeStayInCroatia and on the most read online portals in these markets.

We would like to add that the public will be able to search all stakeholders in the tourism sector bearing the Safe stay in Croatia label via the website www.safestayincroatia.hr, find relevant information on health and safety protocols in seven basic categories, but also find information on how to act in case of suspicion of COVID-19.

"Users will have the opportunity to leave their impressions through the form on the website, which is important feedback that we will be able to use for further upgrades," said Brnjac and invited all interested stakeholders in the tourism sector and related activities to join Safe stay in Croatia campaign, download security labels for free and thus contribute to the perception of Croatia as a safe destination.

 

The Voice of Dubrovnik

THE VOICE OF DUBROVNIK


Find us on Facebook