Friday, 04 December 2020
Andrej Plenkovic Andrej Plenkovic

No plans for new lockdown in Croatia after two days of over 1,000 new Covid-19 cases

By  Oct 17, 2020

After two consecutive days of over a 1,000 new Covid-19 cases across Croatia the Prime Minister, Andrej Plenković, stated today that “we have no plans for a new lockdown.”

Speaking to N1 Plenković said that everyone is aware of what the closure of the economy means.

"We will do everything we can to appeal to reason. So far we have no plans for a new lockdown, but we also need to raise the level of responsibility. I understand that people are having a hard time, frustrated, nervous. This situation is happening to everyone. Some countries are taking restrictive measures. But if we are not disciplined we will not win this. It is the same throughout the EU," the prime minister said.

He appealed to the youth again. "This is not a disease we can joke about. This is a disease we can overcome together if we respect others. No matter how strong, healthy and you think you won't feel Covid-19, some others will. Some will go to the hospital, some to ventilators, and some will and die," Plenković concluded.

Over the past 24 hours a further 1,096 new cases of Covid-19 have been detected across Croatia and this comes after a record breaking day for new cases on Thursday when 1,131 new cases were recorded. This is the first time since the Covid-19 pandemic began that Croatia has seen more than 1,000 new cases over a 24-hour period.

 

support the dubrovnik times

The Voice of Dubrovnik

THE VOICE OF DUBROVNIK


Find us on Facebook