The New Year is here, in fact the new decade, and its time to make those New Year’s resolutions. After stuffing yourself over the festive period losing weight might well be near the top of the list, and as we move into a new greener future it’s time to put the planet at the top of the list.
Many of you, just like us, will have a longer list of failed New Year’s resolutions from previous years than successfully completed ones. So we have scanned the web to bring you the complete list of the top ten most searched, trending and generally talked about resolutions for 2020. Is your resolution on the list or do you have one to add, let us know.
And if you are currently sticking to resolution good luck!
The Top Ten 2020 New Year Resolutions
1. Walk More Get out into the fresh air and exercise! It only takes 30 minutes of walking a day to get in shape. Lose that office slouch and get out in nature.
2. Lose Weight A common resolution, normally top of the list, and one of the hardest to successfully follow. You know that getting in shape and cutting down on the calories is good for your health and overall well-being but talking and doing is tough. Keep your aims realistic (maybe making the first resolution will help you).
3. Travel “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all” – Helen Keller. Don’t walk the well-trodden path in 2020 but roll up your trousers and step into the mud.
4. Quit smoking You’ve moved from burning ash to vaping, now take the full step and give up smoking completely.
5. Volunteer An hour a week can make a difference. Find a good cause, and today that can be online, and jump in and help them.
6. Lift your heads from the screen Leave your smartphone at home and lift your head from the flashing blue screen. We have all become slaves to our smart devices, they control us more than we them. If you need your phone for work then turn it off out of office hours.
7. Save more money or spend less money Saving more or spending less, that is the question. Whichever you aim on doing, or whether you aim on doing them both, you aren’t going to succeed without a clear plan, nothing will be achieved without first setting out your goals on a piece of paper.
8. Use less plastic You don’t have to be the next Greta but we can all do our part to cut down on the plastic. It’s the single-use plastic that is a huge problem, so just saying no to a plastic bag or straw will help.
9. Take up a new hobby or pastime This is always on the top ten list and again is one of the most failed resolutions. Why not dip your toes in gently by finding a hobby that is less demanding or time consuming?
10. Eat your greens Not only will you lose weight but you’ll also seriously improve your health. You don’t have to go full vegan or even vegetarian but try a few days a week without meat and just go for the fruit and veg options.