Dubrovnik has gained a reputation over the years as an ideal wedding destination. Future brides and grooms from all over the world have said “I do” in Dubrovnik. The international press has been keen to sing the praises of Dubrovnik and a renowned UK newspaper named the city as one of the most romantic in the world. George Bernard Shaw painted the city as “heaven on earth” and almost a hundred foreign couples tied the knot in Dubrovnik last year.
Your wedding photos are a memento of your big day, is there a more beautiful setting than the Old City of Dubrovnik and the Mediterranean sunshine as your backdrop. Every corner, every stone and every street tells its own story and lends itself to your photo album. With such a wide range of locations some of the favourite spots for weddings are the Srđ Mountain, the island of Lokrum, the city walls and the Revelin Fortress. For those of you looking for a more conventional “big day” the St. Blaise Church in the heart of the Old City is the ideal choice. The most popular venue was the Sponza Palace in the Old City were more than fifteen marriages have been organised this year so far. There are a number of great wedding agencies in the city, do your research and you’ll find the best option for you.
Last year was another busy wedding season with couples from all over the world taking their vows in Dubrovnik. And whereas the majority of weddings in the past were from Great Britain, Ireland and the USA, this year has seen a more colourful spectrum of nationalities.
Our friends over at Marry Abroad have compiled a list of the top 10 reasons to get married in Dubrovnik. Marry Abroad is a UK based wedding planner that was founded in 2006.
Top 10 Reasons to Get Married in Dubrovnik
1. Considered by many to be one of the most romantic cities in the world
2. 'Those who seek Paradise on Earth, must come to Dubrovnik' – Dubrovnik's beauty has long inspired visitor, even the famous Irish playwright George Bernard Shaw fell in love with the city
3. You can directly fly to Dubrovnik from most European and world cities, so it will rarely take you more than a few hours to reach Dubrovnik
4. Dubrovnik has 2,554 sunny hours per year in average – no destination can beat this!
5. Dreaming of a beach wedding? Or choose from one of the many renowned historical locations in this UNESCO World Heritage city? Or how about exchanging your vows overlooking the stunning Old City and nearby islands? Look no further, Dubrovnik has it all..
6. The love affair between well-known celebrities and city of Dubrovnik has never been stronger. Tom Cruise, Beyonce, Jeremy Irons, Tina Turner, Kevin Spacey, Morgan Freeman....just a few celebrities who often visit this magnificent city! They could go anywhere in the world but still choose to return to this jewel of a city
7. After your unique and special wedding ceremony in Dubrovnik, Croatia makes a perfect honeymoon destination - it's often recommended by the world media as being one of the top honeymoon destinations. Sailing, rafting, exploring delicious local cuisine or simply having the best time of your life with your special someone – a dream come true
8. Pick a lemon for your morning freshly squeezed lemonade, a tangerine to have for breakfast or a pomegranate for a fresh and healthy snack at the beach! All possible in Dubrovnik, and this is just the beginning...enjoy local fish specialties, lamb under the grill, locally grown vegetables.....the cuisine is excellent here
9. Dubrovnik has hosted its own Summer Festival for over 60 years - every year enjoy concerts under the starry skies, theatrical plays in the most amazing locations and a medieval costumed festival on each cobbled corner!
10. And finally, choose a knowledgeable, experienced and trustworthy wedding planner. They will organize everything on your behalf so you can concentrate on enjoying the best day of your life!
And check out this stunning video from LMT Studio - Fairy Tales Do Come True