The Dutch government will allow this year's competition for the best song in Europe to be held in the presence of 3,500 spectators, reports the BBC.
The annual music competition will take place at the Ahoy Arena in Rotterdam in May, after being cancelled last year. Half of the hall will be able to be filled, and spectators will need to show a negative coronavirus finding before entering.
The Eurovision organizers welcomed the decision and said they would "consider the options now available".
They said they would "release more details in the coming weeks on how to safely let the audience into the Ahoy Arena in Rotterdam if the situation allows it".
They add that the health and safety of the contestants "remains a top priority" and that all artists and their delegations will have to follow a "strict protocol".
The announcement came after a music festival was held near Amsterdam in March attended by 1,500 people, while 5,000 fans were able to cheer on the Netherlands in the football qualifiers for the World Cup on Saturday.
The final number of spectators at the Eurovision Song Contest will be known at the end of the month and that number could decrease if the number of infections rises again.
The Eurovision Song Contest will take place from May 18 to 22, and the organizers have previously presented several potential scenarios - from the entire show as usual to pre-recorded performances and performances without an audience.
And check out Croatia's entry for this year's competition below!