The Church of the Holy Annunciation is a Serbian Orthodox church that was constructed in 1887 in the very heart of the historic city core. Over 300 workers were involved in the construction of this church and its sheer size makes it one of the landmarks of the city centre. This impressive sacral object has a huge collection of icons dating back to the 15th and 16th centuries.
With its distinctive architectural features and soaring ceilings the church is located on the Od Puča Street and apart from the church there is also a museum of icons. During the Homeland War the church was badly damaged but in 2009 was repaired and brought back to its former glory.
There is also an extensive library in the church premises that contains over 12,000 editions. Admission to the church is free of charge.